Please be patient as we build the Cottagemade section of this website.
Little by little over the years we have been losing many of our traditional homemade skills. We are on a mission to learn as many of these skills that we can and inspire other to learn them too. We also hope that we can pass these traditions on to our children and others. Some of the traditonal skills we'll be looking at are:
- Preserving food by canning, drying, smoking, salting and root seller use.
- Making herbal tinctures and medicines.
- Wine and beer making.
- Sewing and knitting.
- Made from scratch cooking and baking.
- Woodstove and open fire cooking.
- Candle and soap making
- and a little more holiday magic with HANDMADE HOLIDAYS
We will share skills we have learned or trying too learn. We will also share as much as we can of what others are doing so we can learn and support each other.